Facebook Business Suite is a free platform for small and medium-sized businesses presented in September 2020. From here, you can manage your Facebook and Instagram accounts in one place.
Discover all you need to know about this platform from our guide!
Facebook Business Suite Features
If you already use Facebook Business Manager, you will be automatically redirected to the Facebook Business Suite page when you log in to your desktop account.
With Facebook Business Suite, you can:
- Publish or schedule new posts for your Facebook page and Instagram feed.
- Read and reply to new messages and comments from your Facebook, Instagram, and Messenger accounts in one place.
- Create Automated Responses for frequent questions and actions.
- Get audience insights.
- Launch advertising on Facebook and Instagram.
- Get access to other Facebook tools and settings to manage your business presence.
Get Started with Facebook Business Suite: Interface and Settings
The Facebook Business Suite home screen provides data on updates, recent posts, ads, and insights for your Facebook and Instagram accounts. Here you can see critical alerts, messages, comments, and other activities that need your attention.
You can also create a post or promote your business directly from the home screen.
The current insights are on the right. They are:
- Trends. Reach trends show how much the coverage of your Facebook page has increased or decreased in 7 days.
- Audience. The total number of Facebook Likes for the entire lifetime of the page.
At the bottom of the left menu bar, you’ll find access to the Settings. From here, you can change important information, permissions, and access settings for your business account.
Facebook Business Suite allows you to set up your Facebook page. To do this, go to “Page Settings.”
From “Page Settings,” you can set up shortcuts, choose who can publish to your Page timeline, edit Page Info, manage page roles, and much more.
How to Connect an Instagram Account on Facebook Business Suite
To manage Instagram activities from the Facebook Business Suite, you need to connect your Instagram account. Once you do this, you will be able to create and schedule posts, respond to comments and messages in Instagram Direct, create ads, and discover audience insights.
Click on “Settings” from the sidebar on the left. Select “Instagram Connection” and click “Connect Instagram.”
Enter your login for Instagram. If you are already logged in, you may be prompted to connect this account. Check whether it is the right account you want to connect or click “Switch accounts.”
Click “Confirm” to connect your account to Facebook Business Suite.
Discover Your Audience Activity
To check notifications on your Facebook page and Instagram account, go to the “Activity” section. Here you can see who liked your posts, links, etc.
Work with Comments and Messages
The “Inbox” section contains all comments and messages that your audience sends to Facebook, Instagram, and messengers. From here, you can quickly respond to them.
You can also use a convenient feature – “Automated Responses.” In this section, you’ll find a list of interactions listed (greet people, send confirmations, follow up, etc.). To create instant automated responses for these situations, check them on the list, and write the message text which will populate the auto-response.
You can add personalization elements such as the person’s first, last, or full name to customize the message.
This feature allows you to automatically send messages such as:
- Greetings. A response to the first message a user sends on Instagram or Messenger.
- Away message. Enabling this setting puts the page in the “Away” status. People who send messages at this time get a corresponding response. You can set up this option manually or schedule it for a week.
- Frequently Asked Questions. You can suggest some FAQs and set up automatic responses to them.
- Job Application Received. An automatic response to a person who sent a job application.
- Appointment Reminders. An appointment reminder notification will be sent to a person the day before the appointment via Messenger or SMS. This option can be beneficial for beauty salons, private clinics, dental offices, etc.
- Page Recommended. The system will send a message 10 minutes after someone publicly shares that they recommend your page. Make sure you thank the person for her or his recommendation.
- Page Not Recommended. Use this type of automatic message to apologize for a bad customer experience and ask for detailed feedback. The system sends the message 10 minutes after someone publicly shares that he doesn’t recommend the page.
How to Create and Promote Posts on Facebook Business Suite
In the “Posts” section, you can view your recent posts, create new ones, post, or schedule them.
To add a new post, click “Create Post” on the top. In the edit window, select the placements – Facebook News Feed or Instagram Feed. Insert text, add a photo or video.
Click “Publish” if you want to publish your post immediately in the News Feed, or schedule it.
To promote your post on Facebook and Instagram, click “Boost.” Your post will appear in the feed with a “Sponsored” mark.
Set up targeting so that the system can show your post to the right audience. To do this, click on the “Edit” link.
In the “Edit Audience” window, specify the gender, age, and location of the target audience. To set up detailed targeting, add interests, demographics, or behaviors of your audience. Save your settings.
After that, specify the duration and the budget for the promotion. The tool will display the estimated daily reach. The more you are willing to spend on advertising, the more reach you will get.
You can also set up conversion tracking. To do this, add a Facebook pixel to your website. Here you can find out how to do it.
In the end, choose the currency and publish your ad to your feed.
Launch New Ads and Analyze Your Ads’ Performance
In the “Ads” section, you can launch new ads and analyze current and past ads’ performance.
Choose a goal for your campaign.
The following goals are available to you:
- Boost a Post. Promote a single post to reach more people.
- Get More Messages. The goal is to encourage users to send you messages.
- Promote Your Page. Attract the target audience’s attention to the company’s page, increase brand awareness, and the number of Page Likes.
- Get More Website Visitors. Reach out to people who are likely to click a link and visit your website.
- Get More Leads. Collect customer information through a special form (from your website or Facebook). You can use it to collect email addresses, phone numbers, and names. If you want to collect contact info through a form on your website, you need to install a Facebook pixel on your website.
In Facebook Business Suite, you can also set up personalized automated ads. The tool will help you create and set up ads so that you can save time and effort. But keep in mind that the system needs time to learn. The more data it collects, the more accurate recommendations you’ll get.
Get Insights on Your Facebook/Instagram Pages
In the “Insights” section, you can see the total reach of the page on Facebook and Instagram and the coverage of each post.
The “Overview” page also shows statistics on your audiences. Here you can see the number of likes on your Facebook page in the last 28 days, divided by gender and age.
Go to “Trends” to see how Page Reach is changing over time.
In the “Content” section, you can find reach statistics for each post: the number of Likes, comments, and reposts.
Go to “Audiences” to view the target audience report. From the report data, you can compose a portrait of your audience on Facebook or Instagram. The tool provides such demographic characteristics as Age, Gender, Top Cities, and Top Countries.
Facebook Business Suite is a relatively new solution for marketers. It came to replace Business Manager, simplifying Facebook/Instagram account management for small businesses. However, Facebook is looking forward to spreading the functionality of the platform to businesses of all sizes. Therefore, we are looking forward to seeing a lot of updates coming soon.
Boost your Google Ads performance! Link your PPC accounts to PromoNavi to automate everyday tasks and receive valuable recommendations on how to improve your campaigns.
With PromoNavi, you can do keyword research, competitor analysis, automate reporting, track your PPC performance on the Analytics Dashboard, and get profitable PPC optimization recommendations.